Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm So Spoiled

I feel so spoiled right now.  My week has been filled with moments of so much happiness.  My body is exhausted, but my heart has so much energy.  I could barely sleep last night just thinking about all the good things that have happened this last week.

To start, I was able to go on a couple of exchanges.  One with a sister from South Africa who will be finishing her mission in a couple of weeks.  She was able to help me re-learn a lot of things.  Especially the importance of going up to a person and making things personal.  It's not about saying "we SHARE a message about", rather, let me tell you a little bit of my story, and how I know how much it will bless you and your family. Sometimes we get stuck in routines; approaching people the same way, but she helped me to remember the importance of using who I am and my story to share the gospel. I love finding.  I can honestly say that and I'm really grateful that I enjoy it, because that's the bulk of missionary work.  

I went to Mission Leadership Council for the first time.  It's where the Assistant, Zone Leaders, and Sister Training Leaders come together to discuss the needs of the mission and how we can become better.  We talked a lot about the importance of giving correction so that we can help missionaries improve.  I really appreciate correction.  I think the training I received from all my dance teachers really prepared me to receive correction.  Giving correction is another thing, and isn't always easy to do, but to make our exchanges more effective and our mission stronger, we all need to give each and receive inspired correction.  It was also really emotional because it was President and Sister Preston's last leadership council.  We were all crying as we listened to them talk about how much they love each and every missionary.  They leave in a couple of weeks. It's not going to be an easy goodbye, I can tell you that. All they want for us is to be happy and obedient, and have hope in all things. 

On Saturday I went to Ken and Jenny's baptism!  You would have thought it was stake conference with the amount of people who showed up to support them.  President Preston baptised them, and we were all BEAMING.  I got to see people from Oldham again, and to have all the sister missionaries who have taught them back.  Also, Ken gave me a big hug in front of everyone because he said that you told him to give a hug for you, so thank you Dad. :) 

Every month our mission has a fireside where recent converts bear their testimony, and we bring our investigators. It's always a blast because we're able to see people from past areas and see other missionaries.  I was able to see Sister Brimley and her companion who came with Jess, who is planning on getting baptized in a couple of weeks!  

I really feel so spoiled.  So spoiled to be able to serve with the people I've served with, and to know the people I know.  The hardest part is having to say goodbye, which is why we all need to make it to the Celestial Kingdom so that we can hug, and talk, and laugh together forever. 

I love you all!


Sister Dushku

No comments:

Post a Comment