Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Small and Simple Things

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I've had a good week laboring in the Lord's vineyard.  Missionary work is different during the winter season. It's freezing cold, and most people prefer to hibernate in their homes. Which I don't blame them, it's cold and windy and not Christmas time anymore.  Which means it's tracting season!
 
We've been working really hard to keep tracting as a last resort, so we've taken the long bus ride into Chester a lot this last week.  Chester is great because it's a big city with a university.  We've been talking to a lot of people who are YSA age and we feel like they've got a lot of potential.  We met a young man from Italy and taught him and all of his roommates the restoration, and they were very receptive, and very sincere.  It's fun to teach people close to your age. 
 
Despite having about 10 lessons fall through this week, we were still able to teach 19 lessons, so TAKE THAT SATAN.  Really though, he's working on us.  There are a lot of people that we'll have a lesson with and then we set up another appointment WITH a fellowshipper and they just aren't there.  We're praying hard to find the meek and humble.
 
One thing I've been blown away with is how many churches there are around this place, and how they are almost completely vacant.  Many churches are turning into homes.  A few people mentioned how our church's parking lot is always full, and that there are always people there.  It's so comforting knowing that the church is growing so quickly, and that it will only ever grow.
 
Speaking of growth, Sister Snarr and I were able to attend two baptismal services this week.  One in Stockport and then one in Oldham!  Frank and Sarah were baptized and the service was beautiful.  So many people were there to support them, and they were both so happy. I was beaming the whole time seeing everyone there that I love so much. Sarah was nervous, but after she was baptized she was giddy with happiness, and Frank bore such a powerful testimony about this gospel, and wanting to do missionary work.  Being able to see everyone and seeing how happy we all were was a nice reminder of why I'm doing what I'm doing. The amazing thing about it all, is that it all springs out of small and simple things that we do to lead to such life changing things that bring so much happiness. 
 
Special shout out to Angelina who is getting baptized this next week!  I'm there in spirit girlfriend. I love you and am so proud of you!
 
xx
SD




No comments:

Post a Comment