I found this quote off Pinterest (typical), and who knows if it was said by Albert Camus because Pinterest tends to reference to wrong people, but I digress.
This is something that I'm really working towards. I've found that the months January thru April are really lame months for me. I always have the post-Christmas blues, and there's no fun holiday for me to look forward to, and the cold snow is polluted and needs to go away. In past years I stayed preoccupied by practicing for ballet and other various dance performances, but I don't have that this year.
My first semester of college was an easy transition. I think it was because it was all so surreal, and I felt like I was in a dream sometimes; everything was fresh, new, and exciting.
A lot of people deal with moving away differently. Some of my roommates cried for the first month of college, and continued to struggle through their first semester, until they got over it and moved on. My transition was smooth, but now I think it's catching up to me during these cold, cold months in Logan.
It's easy for me to wish away these dead months, but I have realized how precious my time is. Time flies, and before I know it I will be leaving my family and friends to go out of the state or country serving a mission. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself. There are so many things I want to do, but it's figuring out how to do these things that's the hard part.
So I'm trying to channel the wonderful feelings of summer and light, during this grey, polluted, dead time of year.
This picture is from a weekend I had in Bear Lake with my roommate, and the rest of my ward.

I feel exactly the same way, Kat! Winter stinks. I honestly think I am solar powered. :)
ReplyDeleteAre you thinking of serving a mission at 19?!!! I'm sending a package of canadian treats with grandma and grandpa, so make sure you find some time to visit home so you can indulge. :)
I wish I could go home this weekend to visit everyone, but I don't have a car and I have an interview with my stake president because my papers will be submitted Sunday!
DeleteWinter. Oh how I loathe you. Cheers to you though, for being optimistic. Hang in there, March will be here soon enough. Have you sent in your papes?
ReplyDeleteThis Sunday. :)
DeleteI admire you so much my beautiful girl.
ReplyDeleteKat, no matter what the weather is like when I'm around you, I always feel like it's summer. Cheesy but true.
ReplyDelete