Sunday, September 11, 2011

September the 11th

Yesterday the officers got together to paint the "V" as a flag. It's been ten years since the September 11th attacks. It's crazy that time has gone by so fast, I remember exactly how I felt that day. I watched the reruns of the planes crashing into the Two Towers over and over again. I remember the realization that those people flying the plane crashed it on purpose. I remember not being able to understand why someone would purposefully sacrifice their life to take so many innocent. I didn't think those people actually existed, and usually every time this year I'm filled withs sorrow and confusion that there is such evil on the earth.

But this year I feel an immense amount of gratitude for the heroes. The firefighters, the policemen, the neighbors, and the strangers that sacrificed their lives to save people they didn't even know. It's a beautiful thing. So this year I think of the world with hope and pride for humanity because there are so many heroes that surround us everyday.




God bless America, and everywhere else.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment